Thursday, February 26, 2009

Down with Banana Bread!

I heart banana bread, but mini me has not quite developed a big enough taste for it to make it very often, thus I eat the loaf myself. Never a good thing. Instead we turn to banana chip cookies...

1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup smooshed banana
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon soda
1 cup chocolate chips
chopped nuts, if your heart desires.

Mix in order given, with a wooden spoon. (I'm anti mixers, unless of course I'm making angel food cake...) Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. These cookies stay moist and as good as the first day for several days after. A mix of peanut butter chips and chocolate chips would probably be very tasty too. One batch makes about 2 1/2 dozen, depending on how big you make them.

***
Feeling a little uninspired tonight, as I've been fighting my sinuses all week. I'm just wore out and I have no good explanation, as work has been less than demanding...much less than demanding. Mini me was even able to talk me into a Hot-n-Ready tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment